Friday, December 3, 2010

Boutiques



November was a crazy month! I sewed and sewed and sewed so much stuff for the two boutiques. To say I was busy is an understatement. This is a picture of the booth we put together on the first day. Yes, it was very crowded with STUFF. But I had big dreams of making a lot of stuff and selling a lot of stuff and coming home with nothing, but green. It didn't really turn out that way...
The first day was slow and the second day was even slower. It completely made it all worth it when the Usborn book lady asked if I could do a trade. Yea! I got some great books out of the deal and got rid of a lot of stuff, including the boxes of old books from my husband's aunt.
The last boutique was a fundraiser for an adoption. IT WAS A BLAST!!! I don't have any pictures of that boutique. There were so many people who came to support the family! I am just barely finishing up the custom orders for that boutique.
I have learned a lot about selling at boutiques. I have had a slow boutique and a very busy and hopping boutique. Right now, I don't know if I will do one again though. It was a lot of work. I just want to relax and enjoy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment