Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Panda Birthday Party

It has truly been Panda-Monium around here lately. My daughter invited some of her best friends over to celebrate her 5th birthday. She has wanted a Panda birthday party for almost a year now. So this party has been a long time in the works. My biggest dilemma was figuring out how to keep twelve kids entertained for two hours. Thanks to Pinterest (for cute ideas), my Silhouette machine, Oriental Trading (for cheep Panda items), and my husband, sister-in-law, and my mom (for all their help) we pulled off a great party.

The invites


The inside said:
It's Panda-Monium
(chaos, mayhem, racket, uproar, hubub)

***** is turning five!
Come Celebrate with Us!
Friday March 13th
2:00 to 4:00 pm 

The party is at *****'s House
***********
***********
***-***-****

The night before the party, I thought of a great idea, a photo booth with props. I wish I had more time to make panda ears and mustaches and a few other fun things, but I did get these cute Chinese hairdos printed off.











A big hit was the panda bean bag toss.  I bought this on clearance from Oriental Trading Company.

Another hit, panda bingo.
Limbo. Yes, five year olds don't play by the rules and crawl on their hands and knees.
A couple fun panda crafts.

Panda cupcakes



Eating the cake and ice cream.

Thank you take Chinese food home boxes.
The goodies inside the boxes. Yes, my sister-in-law has already thanked me for giving her girls a couple panda bear clappers.

To finish off the night, we went to the brand new Panda Express that just opened in our neighborhood. It opened on Tuesday. We didn't even know it was open yet. All I can say is that she is so lucky it was open. The manager even gave her a little stuffed panda bear when she found out it was her birthday and she had a panda party.

2 comments:

  1. How can I get those cute chinese hairdos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hairdos are from Photoshop Elements 6.0. They were some of the shapes that came with the program. I colored the wigs in, printed them out huge, had them laminated, and stuck them to kabob sticks. I still have the files if you would like me to send them to you. Please leave me your e-mail address.

      Delete